Sunday, August 9, 2009

Adventure the First: Disneyland Poster Trunk

Well, here I am, kicking off my brand new blog! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Bayley, and I'm a hardcore Disney geek. I'm also into all sorts of other completely geeky things, like theatre, video games, and sci-fi and fantasy. But I also love to craft! So, I decided to keep track of my Adventures in Crafting in this newfangled blog! Cheers.

Well, anyway, you're probably not to interested in the whole about me part. You can read that in my loverly profile! You're here because you love crafts, and maybe--just maybe--you're interested in seeing what I have done.

Well, to be honest, I haven't done too many remarkable things yet. I've made a few knick-knacks and doo-dads here and there, but I'm only truly proud of a couple of my crafts (so far). We'll get to that in a minute.

What do I like to craft, you ask (or maybe you don't, but I'm going to tell you anyways)? Well, I decoupage, and have made some bookish things. I really don't have one set craft that I identify with--more like there is a theme in what makes the craft unique. Many of my crafts are Disney related, and the ones that aren't are related to my other interests in some way. One of my next planned projects is a Star Wars box and a Disneyland clock.

Anyway, onto this week's featured craft!

Disneyland Poster Trunk


This is a standard wooden trunk covered with posters for attractions from Disneyland. As you can see from this picture, the posters are lined up and straight forward (some on the top are turned 90 degrees, but they are still in straight lines). Since this was one of my first attempts at decopauge, I decided to keep everything in line to make it easier. Another option would be to layered them on haphazardly, like a travel trunk.

If you are interested in making a trunk like this, all you will need is a blank wooden trunk, decopauge, cut-outs, and a sponge brush. You can use whatever kind of cut-out you like! Have fun!

That about does it for me. I'll post some more pictures belo
w. Until next time, be wary of sharp needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment